It’s Summertime, the sun is shining, there’s a heatwave on, school is soon going to be out for those still in education, it’s time to go out and have fun!
Or, if you’re a vampire like me, then it’s time to sit indoors and read all the books and watch all the TV possible.
I’m not an outdoors person in any form, I go outside exclusively for meetings, cinema trips, and shopping. Sometimes, about twice a year, a family event. Other than that, I’m inside, and that’s where I’m happiest.
And, I’ve already spoken about what I’m going to read in this second half of the year.
So, what am I going to be watching?
- The Runaways. I know, a Marvel TV series I haven’t watched yet? Shocking! But, now I have the entire series entirely ready for me to watch in the evening, I think I made the right decision on that one!
- American Gods. As of the day I’m writing this, I just started reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman, and while I’m only 75 pages in so far, I’m really enjoying myself. I got the DVD for my birthday, so why not watch the show after I finished the book? Sounds like a plan to me!
- The Alienist. Luke Evans and Daniel Bruhl, murder and Victorian mystery, what else do I really need to say? I’m in! I saw the advert while I was on holiday in May, and I’m so excited to start this series, it sounds like a great watch, and the reviews are positive on the whole, who am I to ignore it?
- Kick-Ass. Somehow, I’ve only managed to ever watch the same part of the sequel, and read the first comic book. I’ve never seen the sequel the whole way through, let alone watch the first one. This film is exactly the kind of thing I like – gore, violence, Aaron Taylor Johnson, superheroes, how have I slept on this for so long? God knows, but that’s soon going to change, I can feel it.
- Now You See Me. Now, this is something I have watched. I love the Now You See Me films, and I’m currently in a big heist-movie mood, after binging the Ocean’s films, in celebration of Ocean’s 8’s release. I may as well continue that trend with Now You See Me, and wait (im)patiently for the third installment to start filming.
And that is my current top picks for summer watching. Of course, I’ll also be rounding off watching the latest seasons of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D, Lucifer, and Poldark, but the rest of the time, I’m now free to get my teeth stuck into something new. Personally, I can’t wait, I’ve got so many evenings free now, I may as well use them to get my To Be Watched list down a bit!
What are you guys watching in Summer? Have any good recommendations for me? Leave them in the comments down below!