Recently, I’ve been having a bit of a think about my blog. I want to improve it, by improving my cover picture editing skills, and by posting more.
But, I’ve also been thinking of having a small rebrand.
You see, I’ve been using the URL ‘writeabledreams’ for this blog, and for my social media management/copywriting business. And, as I grow my business, I don’t want to start causing confusion between the two.
This blog is very much for fun, and has absolutely nothing to do with my business. I’d love to have clients who want me to pay me to write about books, but I highly doubt that that is ever going to happen. Instead, I currently write about social history, osteopathy, and about a local business group, I’m a part of. And really, even if I do get a bookish client, I’m still going to be writing on behalf of them, not myself.
And that’s without even thinking about my youtube channel, which ties into this blog. It’s called ‘mydreamsofreading,’ wouldn’t it make sense to actually use similar names for my bookish writing/creative endeavours?
So, here’s what I’m going to do:
- Change the URL to this blog to ‘readabledreams.wordpress.com on May 26th
- From June, I’m going to start posting on Sunday’s as well as Wednesday’s. Wednesday posts will continue to be my usual blog posts about TV/film/whatever I fancy posting about. Sunday’s will be a weekly wrap up of my reading. I don’t feel like I write enough about my reading, and I want to write more reviews, this is the perfect chance to do both.
- I’m going to start learning how to make better blog post graphics. I’ve found a few tutorials, now I’ve just got to start following them. I have no idea how successful this will be, seeing as I’m generally useless with anything outside of Canva and Fotojet, but we’ll see what happens when I start using Pixlr!
That’s just about everything I wanted to mention today. I know I haven’t given much warning to this, but I’ve only really just decided to bite the bullet and kick my ass into gear. Also, I wanted to implement all changes in one go (maybe the exception to covers, that may take a while as I try desperately to learn just what the hell I’m doing with photo editing). Seeing as I’ve got a lot of reading to do over the next few weeks in preparation for YALC, I thought that June would be a good time to get going.
So, to summarise, on May 26th, I’m going to change this blog’s URL to ‘readabledreams.wordpress.com’, I’m going to start posting weekly wrap ups of my reading on Sunday’s, and I’m going to start improving my cover game.
I hope that this is the start of a new, improved blog for me. Writing on here makes me extremely happy, and I want to really give it my all.
I hope you join me with these changes, and that you enjoy them, and everything else that is coming with this blog in the future!